Navigating campus life can be a challenge, compound that with a victimization and the world may feel unbalanced especially when your future hopes and dreams lay in the education you have set your sights on for so long. We are here to help address any of your concerns or fears.
Our goal is to proudly serve individuals of any form of IPV who have been victimized acutely [within the last 48 hours], recently [within the last year], or historically [from childhood]. We will meet with you to provide you with the best possible resources to meet your current needs to the best of our abilities.
Our trained campus victim advocates are confidential and discrete. We will meet with you in our offices or in a discrete public location to provide you any options available to you.
We can inform you of your rights as a victim and are committed to providing the most professional, sincere, and empowering advocacy to you possible whether you are staff, faculty, or student. We ultimately want you to be safe, cared for, and have your needs and concerns addressed.
• Immediate crisis intervention
• Advocacy and support
• Accompaniment to the hospital or police interview if desired
• Safety planning
• Personal advocacy – assistance with your boss, landlord, professor, etc.
• Appropriate counseling referral
• Assistance in filing all available victim compensation applications
• Information with available campus and criminal justice support and processes
• Notification processes
• Private and confidential consultation to address any immediate or past concerns
Continuing Education Building (020)
University of Nevada, Reno
For more information about Interpersonal Violence and how we can help – click here